If you love writing love stories, this comprehensive guide shows how to break into the romance genre, which accounts for more than half of all mass-market paperback sales. Bestselling romance author Catherine Lanigan offers every writing tool you need as well as insight into the writer's relationship with agents, editors, and publicists. Learn about:
- Romance story structures and outlines
- Researching your romance novel
- The makeup of the romantic heroine and hero
- The many sub-genres of romance
- Plotting the memorable "meet"
- Writing love scenes
- Query letters, synopses, and submission packages
- The publishing process
- Promoting yourself
- Building a long-term career
Also included are a novel synopsis, along with a list of publishers and resources for writers.