You'll Love This OnDemand Webinar If:
- You are writing a novel for teens
- You are interested in learning more about writing for the YA market
- You are curious about where the YA publishing business is headed and what it takes to break in
- You are wondering how to build a writing career that will thrive regardless of market ups and downs
- You are struggling to find balance between the business of publishing and the art of novel writing
Anyone can tell you that the YA (young adult) publishing industry is hot, with new debut authors getting deals each week. But with this market success comes more competition than ever. So what can you do to stand out? “Writing the Breakout Teen Novel” gives you a literary agent’s insider insight to what’s in, what’s out, and what you can expect along the road to publication in this exciting and booming segment of the publishing marketplace.
From establishing a knowledge base of the category, to crafting that perfect concept and fine-tuning your voice, to researching smarter and refining your querying strategies, literary agent Holly Root gives you an agent’s eye view of the current YA landscape—with plenty of straight talk about what’s real, what’s hype, and how to thrive in one of the most exciting areas of the publishing business.
In This OnDemand Webinar You'll Learn:
- What you can do today to create your strongest story ideas yet
- How to evaluate your own ideas for commercial potential
- How to know when you’re ready to query
- How to reconcile your art and the realities of the business
- How to “think like an agent” in crafting a query that will get noticed
- How to research smarter when targeting agents or publishers—targeting the best people for your work
About Holly Root:
Holly Root is a literary agent at Waxman Literary Agency who represents adult fiction and nonfiction and novels for children and teens; she is not seeking picture book clients or screenwriting clients. Her authors include New York Times, USA Today, SIBA, national and international bestsellers, as well as Rita, Morris, and Nebula award winners and nominees and many titles named to ALA Best lists. She recently opened a West Coast office in Los Angeles for the New York City-based Waxman Agency. Prior to joining the Waxman Literary Agency in 2007, Holly worked at the William Morris Agency and Trident Media Group. Visit her online at http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/hroot and http://twitter.com/hroot.
Do you love this online webinar? Write a review!
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique. Writer’s Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.