Whether you're writing self-help, memoir, or the Great American novel, you'll need a professionally prepared book proposal to sell it. In The Everything Guide to Writing a Book Proposal
, author Meg Schneider and literary agent Barbara Doyen team up to provide the inside scoop on getting your name in print.
Schneider and Doyen fully explain how to:
The Everything Guide to Writing a Book Proposal
- Create a proposal for any genre
- Know what agents and publishers look for
- Get out of the slush pile and onto the right editor's desk
- Rework a proposal using suggestions from an agent or editor
- Understand and negotiate your contract
- Deal with rejection-and keep writing!
takes you behind the closed doors of the publishing world, revealing the tried-and-true tips, techniques, and shortcuts that can help you get published sooner rather than later. Reference materials and resources for writers are also included, as well as a list of writers' organizations and clubs.
Meg Schneider is coauthor of three published books and has more than ten years of experience in television, radio, and print journalism. She is the recipient of numerous writing awards, and has written several book proposals on a variety of topics, both as sole author and collaborator.
Barbara Doyen is president of Doyen Literary Services, Inc., an agency representing 100-plus authors.