Good grammar enhances the impression you make on people the minute you open your mouth or put pen to paper. If you've struggled to master grammar and style, look no further than this straightforward and entertaining guide.
The Everything Grammar and Style Book, 2nd Edition is packed with easy-to-follow guidelines for effective writing, from proper word choice and punctuation to paragraph organization and editing techniques.
You'll learn how to write crystal-clear e-mails, professional-sounding letters, articulate term papers, and more. This book shows you how to:
- Master difficult punctuation
- Revise until your writing shines
- Write clearly and concisely
- Correct commonly misspelled and misused words
- Practice your new skills with Checkpoint exercises at the end of each chapter
- Find the best Web sites for spelling rules, style help, and interactive quizzes
The perfect desk reference, this book has all the ingredients you need to conquer your fear of grammar-and become a great communicator!
Susan Thurman has taught English grammar at levels from junior high to college, and currently teaches at Henderson Community College in Kentucky. She was the editor and publisher of Class Act, a national magazine that featured grammar, writing, and ideas for English teachers. Thurman is the author of The Everything Grammar and Style Book and The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need. She lives in Henderson, KY.