You'll Love This Kit If:
- You have a complete and polished piece of writing
- You want to find an agent
- You want to know more about what agents do and how to work with one
No matter what you're writing—fiction or nonfiction, books for children or adults—you need a literary agent to secure a book deal. This kit provides instruction and resources to help you craft the perfect query and target the ideal agent to turn your publishing dreams into a successful writing career.
The kit includes:
- How an Agent Picks a Client: From Query to Career (OnDemand Webinar): Many factors go into an agent's decision of whether or not to sign a new client. Learn the questions agents ask when evaluating a project, so that you can make your query letter stand out. (Value: $89.00)
- How to Hook an Agent with Your Query Letter (OnDemand Webinar): What makes a pitch "hot"? What does the ideal query letter look like? Learn what to include and what to avoid—it's a skill that includes more than just "make it short." (Value: $89.00)
- An Insider's Guide to Landing a Book Deal (OnDemand Webinar): Get a candid and revealing view of what happens behind closed doors in agents' and publishers' offices. Learn what it takes in today's publishing climate to not only land a book deal, but to land the best possible deal with the best possible publisher. (Value: $79.00)
- The Writer's Digest Guide to Query Letters (Full Book PDF): Connect with editors and agents through a good query letter. Learn how to recognize, develop, target and pre-sell ideas, develop tantalizing leads and more. Includes dozens of sample query letters to help you get started! (Value: $14.99)
- 2013 Guide to Literary Agents (Paperback Book): This updated edition of the best-selling Guide to Literary Agents includes updated contact and submission information for literary agents looking for new clients, writing and submission advice from more than 40 top agents and more. Includes 1-year online access to the Guide to Literary Agents on WritersMarket.com and free 60-minute webinar with editor Chuck Sambuchino. (Value: $29.99)
In This Kit You'll Learn:
- How to write and format a query letter
- What to include in your submission package
- How to find the right agent for your work
Do you love this kit? Write a review!