You'll Love This Book If:
- You are looking for creative writing exercises or prompts to help you start writing
- You are looking for a book to guide you through the writing process
- You want to write a novel, memoir, or screenplay
Daily exercises guaranteed to spark your writing!
The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts gives you the inspiration and motivation you need to finish every one of your writing projects. Written by Martha Alderson, author of The Plot Whisperer, this book guides you through each stage of the writing process, from constructing compelling characters to establishing an unforgettable ending. She also helps you get into the habit of writing creatively every day, with brand-new imaginative writing prompts.
Filled with daily affirmations, plot advice, and writing exercises, The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts will set your projects in the right direction—and on your way to the bestseller list!
In This Book You'll Learn:
- How to make time for writing and develop a consistent writing habit
- About the parts of your story—beginning, halfway point, crisis, and climax/resolution
- How to overcome writer's block and finish your story with daily writing prompts and affirmations
Sample Writing Prompts From the Book:
- Create an obstacle that interferes with the protagonist's goal and describe how that scene unfolds moment-by-moment.
- Provide sensory details of the story world and what your main character is doing at this very moment.
- Scan earlier scenes for examples of the protagonist's chief character flaw and develop it. He or she will need to overcome this flaw in order to achieve his or her ultimate goal.
- Show an issue or situation in the main character's life that needs attention and have him or her take the first step forward toward a course of action.
What Others Are Saying About This Book:
"Martha Alderson, a.k.a "The Plot Whisperer," has been a nationally recognized plot consultant for 15 years. Here she offers loads of exercises to help writers think clearly about plot and activate a story's momentum. This book's practical exercises will show writers how to bring 'moments of transformation' into their own stories." —Writer Magazine
About the Author:
Martha Alderson, founder of PlotWrMo, has worked with hundreds of writers in plot workshops, retreats, and plot consultations for more than fifteen years. Her clients include bestselling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She is the author of The Plot Whisperer.
Share your thoughts and write a review.