You'll Love This OnDemand Webinar If:
- You are writing a memoir or life story
- You're struggling with truth and memory, family, or legal issues within your writing
- You want to refine your story's theme, focus, and target audience.
- You're looking for the steps to writing a memoir or lifestory
Do you dream of sharing your lifestory with others? Learn how to write a memoir or lifestory. In fact, you can start right now by deciding what type of lifestory or memoir you want to create. Will you compose a formal memoir or do you simply want to capture your family's history on paper? Is your intent to create a written record of your life in hopes of sharing your lifestory with your children and your grandchildren? Or will you talk about your life via a tape recorder? Whatever you decide, writing a memoir is an important kind of writing. Preserve your memories, life experiences, and stories before too much time has past — start writing a memoir or lifestory now!
In this online webinar, Linda Joy Myers answers one of the most asked questions from aspiring memoirists:"What is the difference journaling and writing a memoir? Isn't it the same thing?" According to her, the major difference is that a memoir is a constructed story — it has a beginning, middle, and end — read by other people. And you use your writing skills to create a story that shows the significant moments that lead to change or transformation of the main character —you in a memoir.
Don't let fear overcome your chance to share your life story with others. Begin crafting the memoir you've always dreamt about writing. From the questions to ask when writing a memoir, to tips for organizing your memories to structuring your story and using fiction devices to enhance your writing, you'll learn how to write your own memoir or lifestory. Download How to Write Your Lifestory or Memoir now!
In This Online Webinar You'll Learn:
- How to create a hook and theme that stands out from other memoirs
- How to find your theme and focus your story for your audience
- The right questions to ask when writing a memoir
- Why you need to draw upon fictional techniques, such as sensual details, point of view, scenic structure, and vivid descriptions to craft a great story
- How to research the parts of your story that you're not sure about
A Sample From This Online Webinar: Dealing With Issues of Truth and Family:
If you are struggling with these issues or they have affected your writing, ask yourself these questions. By the time you've answered them, you'll have a clear idea of how to overcome your fear and improve your writing.
- What stories would your family object to?
- Do you want to write about subjects that your family doesn't know about?
- What secrets are revealed in your memoir that you want to write, yet feel conflicted about anyone else knowing?
Do you love this online webinar? We'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts and write a review.
About Linda Joy Myers:
Linda Joy Myers is the president of the National Association of Memoir Writers, and an expert in memoir, lifestory, and the topic of writing as a transformational journey. She has written three books—The Power of Memoir
, Don't Call Me Mother
, and Becoming Whole: Writing your Healing Story
, a ForeWord book of the year finalist. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and at www.namw.org.
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final. OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.