You'll Love This Webinar If:
- You're planning on writing a mystery novel or thriller
- You want to find out which subgenre your story idea fits best in
- You're looking for examples of themes and trends seen in successful crime books
- You are actively querying agents and publishers in both adult and YA markets
- You are wondering why your work is getting rejected
- You want to pitch your story's concept at a writers conference
- You write for adults but are thinking of trying a YA novel
In this 90-minute instructional video, you'll dive into the world of mysteries and thrillers with literary agent Barbara Poelle. Explore the subgenres of thrillers and mysteries and figure out where your story fits. You'll discover the type of query and introduction that can set you apart from others, tips on how to write a compelling story, and most importantly, how to pitch your mystery or thriller novel to a literary agent or acquisitions editor.
Whether your mystery novel or thriller is meant for young adults or not, you'll come away with techniques, devices, and the know-how to write a suspenseful, dynamic, and gripping tale that will hook readers from page one. Download From Cozy to Carnage now!
In This Webinar You'll Learn:
- The elements of a compelling story
- How to pitch your story to an agent and what they look for
- The essential elements of each subgenre
- The elements of a successful query letter and compelling hook
- How to distinguish your own work from similar stories flooding the marketplace
- About e-book and traditional publishing for thriller and mystery novels
Do you love this online webinar? Tell other writers about it and post a review!
About Barbara Poelle
Literary agent Barbara Poelle began her publishing career as a freelance copywriter and editor before joining the Irene Goodman Agency in 2007, but feels as if she truly prepared for the industry during her brief stint as a stand-up comic in Los Angeles. She has found success placing thrillers, literary suspense, historical romances, humorous/platform driven nonfiction, and upmarket fiction and young adult and is actively seeking her next great client in those genres, but is passionate about anything with a unique voice. Barbara has a very hands-on approach with the craft and editorial details of the books she represents, and loves working with her clients to take their writing to the next level.
Books within these genres Barbara sold within the last year include: Blind Faith by New York Times best-selling author CJ Lyons; The Eden Prophecy by international bestseller Graham Brown; the Bad Day crime novel series (such as A Bad Day For Sorry), by Sophie Littlefield, which have become national bestsellers short-listed for the Edgar, the Anthony, the Barry, and many other awards; The Ninth Day, by international bestseller Jamie Freveletti; and Starters, by Lissa Price, a major deal for a new YA series to be published by Random House in 2012.
If you have questions about the program, or have any technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note WD offers no refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.