You'll Love This Book If:
- You're ready to query an agent, editor, or producer
- Your queries are landing in the slush pile
- You're looking for specific guidelines for a specific genre or type of writing
Are you ready to submit your work to an agent, editor, or producer? Let Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript guide you through writing, formatting, and submitting your query! Featuring more than 100 example query letters, proposals, and synopses, the 3rd edition of Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript gives you more detailed and concrete instruction than ever before!
This new edition features expanded instruction for e-mail submissions, updated formatting and submitting guidelines, insider tips from agents and editors, and much more. The book covers genre-related formatting and submission information for:
- Nonfiction - articles, books, and short pieces
- Fiction - short stories, novels, comic and graphic novels, and genre novels
- Children's Books - picture books, middle grade and young adult books, and children's magazines
- Scripts - screenplays, television scripts, audio/visual scripts, play scripts, and formatting software for screenwriters
Find information for practically every genre and learn how to submit, format, and query your work to potential agents, publishers, editors, or producers. Increase your chances of publication by submitting your manuscript the right way — buy Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript today!
From This Book You'll Learn:
- What makes a query successful
- What to include in your submission package
- How to write and format a query for an article, magazine idea, book proposal, or screenplay
What Writers Are Saying About This Book...
"This book gives you a step by step checklist. Everything you need to write professional documentation when submitting to editors. This guide got my manuscript noticed. The first thing the Acquisition editor said was 'This is the most professional letter I have received in a long time. It is refreshing to see!' This resource is genre specific. A definite must-have in your resource arsenal." - Ellyn