You'll Love This Fiction Writing Book If:
- You need help writing scenes
- Your story's structure needs improvement
- You're looking for examples of scene and structure from contemporary fiction books
Do you want to know what the structure of a good story looks like? Or do you find yourself stuck in the scenes and not in your story's overall picture? Elements of Writing Fiction: Scene & Structure can help you craft compelling scenes that will keep your readers wanting more!
Well-known author Jack M. Bickham explains story structure and how to keep your readers interested from start to finish. He discusses strategies for creating scenes with focus and purpose. Through examples from popular novels and his own work, you'll build a solid framework for your novel, whatever its form or length. You'll learn how to prolong your main character's struggle while moving the story ahead and juggle cause and effect to maintain the action with your story. Plus, see why every scene should end in disaster, when to condense some scenes, and how to expand certain scenes.
Ensure your readers are engaged from beginning to end and craft a well-structured story, scene by scene with Elements of Writing Fiction: Scene & Structure!
In This Book You'll Learn:
- The structure of a good story, including scenes and sequels
- How to start and end your story
- Examples of plot outlines and how to create your own
Do you love this book? Share your enthusiasm and write a review!