You'll Love This Book If:
- You want to grow your visibility
- You're looking for new ways to become a successful author
- You want to build an audience
- You want to sell more books
Having an effective writer platform has never been more important than it is right now. A writer platform is one of the best tools you can use to combat publishing challenges. This guide by Chuck Sambuchino explores the process of gaining visibility in the literary marketplace and shows you how to market yourself and your work effectively & efficiently. Learn how to create a writer's platform, sell books, make more money, and launch a successful career as an author.
When you read this book, you'll explore "old-school" methods of platform building, such as public speaking and networking, as well as newer methods of platform building, such as blogs and social media; examine case studies of authors who developed successful platform, and formulate your own platform strategy that works best for you. Buy Create Your Writer Platform today!
In This Book You'll Learn:
- What a platform means and why its important
- How to build your platform via public speaking, social media, or creating a blog
- About platform building through author interviews
- Platform-building techniques
A Word From The Book About Crafting Your Niche:
Building a writer platform essentially means being known for something. So a natural question I'll ask now is, "What do you want to be known for?" In other words, what do you want people to think of when they think of you? Some quick hypothetical examples of influential people you could be or something you could be part of:
- The guy who knows everything about chocolate chip cookies and samples them all over the world
- The girl who blogs all about indie heavy metal music/news
- The instructional site (with multiple teachers) that's all about how to get better at blackjack so you can win more money at the casino
Any one of these is a niche. It's a specialty, an area of expertise. People don't achieve recognition and popularity by being okay at something. No average basketball player ever made the NBA, let alone became famous. Your goal is to find a niche and own it-with excellent understanding of your content and market, and by providing great material that people can't get elsewhere.
About the Author:
Chuck Sambuchino is an editor for Writer's Digest Books and edits the Guide to Literary Agents
. He is the author of books such as Formatting and Submitting Your Manuscript, 3rd Edition
, and How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack
Do you love this book? Write a review!