You'll Love This Book If:
- You are an aspiring fiction writer
- You need help writing or rewriting your manuscript
- Your goal is to write a novel in 30 days
- You need help setting goals, becoming organized, motivated, or overcoming writer's block
Book In A Month has something for every writer! Whether your goal is to overcome writer's block, write your first draft in 30 days, rewrite your manuscript, or simply learn how to manage your time more efficiently, you'll find the techniques, tips, instruction, and solutions you're looking for.
Developed by Victoria Lynn Schmidt, author of Story Structure Architect, 45 Master Characters, and A Writer's Guide to Characterization, you'll find setting goals, mastering time management, believing in yourself, connecting with other writers, and overcoming any issues or blocks you're facing are the keys to success!
To help you accomplish your goal of writing a book in a month, you'll set daily and weekly goals for yourself and fill out worksheets on the must-have elements for writing a fiction novel, including plot, characters, theme, setting, mood/tone, conflict, tension, and climax.
With Book in a Month you will:
- Set realistic goals and monitor your progress
- Manage your time and allow your writing to flourish
- Select a story topic that you love and will inspire you from day one to day 30
- Quickly outline your entire story so that you have a clear idea of how your plot and characters are going to develop before you start writing
- Draft each act of your story by focusing on specific turning points
- Keep track of the areas you want to revise without losing your momentum in the middle of your story
Buy Book in a Month today and complete your first draft, perfect your manuscript, break into fiction writing, or simply gain the motivation and inspiration you need!
In This Fiction Writing Book You'll Learn:
- How to write a fiction book, with daily goals and weekly worksheets
- How to select the right project that aligns with your writing goals
- Exercises, techniques, and solutions for overcoming writer's block and your inner critic
- Eight tips for effective time management
A Few Tidbits of Advice on Writing From The Author:
"'Great writers are great readers.' You need to keep your muse well fed. Read a lot, including nonfiction. Read about places you have never been or cultures you are unfamiliar with, you never know what types of ideas it will spark. You don’t have to write only what you already “know” about."
"Don’t worry about making things perfect the first time out, just get your story down on paper and then go back and make it perfect. So many writers try to re-write before getting the first draft down, which only stops the creative process. There are a thousand ways to write every scene! Just pick one and get that first draft done." — Victoria Lynn Schmidt
Read an Excerpt!
Online Exclusive: Q&A with author Victoria Lynn Schmidt
Do you love this book? Tell us about it and leave a product review!