In this first of two special panels (the second of which focuses on fiction), you'll hear directly from some of the best nonfiction editors in the business exactly how they make decisions about what to publish, who to publish, and why. You'll learn what they look for in an author, how the publishing environment has impacted the way they work, they kind of deals they're willing to make, and more. Want to know what acquisitions editors really think about authors who haven't got a platform? You'll learn about it here. The second half of the discussion will open up to include questions from the audience – an incredible opportunity to pick the brains of the people who decide exactly what – and who – gets published.
- Phil Sexton, Publisher and Community Leader Writer's Digest, F+W Media, Inc.
- Karen Cooper, Publisher, Adams Media
- Michelle Howry, Senior Editor, Touchstone/Simon & Schuster
- Meg Leder, Editor, Perigee/Penquin
- Donya Dickerson, Senior Editor, McGraw Hill